This Australian classic is definitely a crowd pleaser! Hearty and nutritious this delicious pumpkin soup can will warm your winter soul.
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 brown onion
1kg peeled pumpkin, cubed
1 large potato, peeled, cubed
1 garlic clove
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1L vegetable stock
125ml thin cream
Crusty wholemeal bread to serve.
1. In a large stockpot, heat oil over low heat, add diced brown onion and leek (white parts only) and cook stirring until softened.
2. Stir in the minced garlic and spices and cook, stirring until aromatic.
3. Add in the cubed pumpkin, potato and vegetable stock. Bring to the boil. Once boiling, cover and turn heat to low to simmer for 30 minutes.
4. Allow mixture to cool and then blend until smooth.
5. Return the blended soup mixture to the stockpot and stir through the thin cream. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
(picture is an example only)