UPDATE | The warning for this fire has been downgraded.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services (QFES) crews are monitoring a bushfire burning near Rosedale Road and Littabella Siding Lane, Yandaran.
This fire is burning within containment lines and is posing no threat to property at this time.
YANDARAN (north west of Bundaberg) bushfire as at 4.40pm Sat 9 Nov. QFES crews are monitoring a bushfire burning near Rosedale Road & Littabella Siding Lane, Yandaran. This fire is burning within containment lines. No threat to property at this time. https://t.co/a0urBjmM8P— Qld Fire & Emergency (@QldFES) November 9, 2019
Residents may be affected by a smoke haze throughout the afternoon and evening.
Residents are asked to close windows and doors and if suffering from a respiratory condition, keep their medications close by.
Motorists should drive with caution and to conditions.
If residents are concerned their property is under threat they are advised to call Triple Zero (000) immediately.
PREPARE TO LEAVE 12:45PM 9/11/19 | The warning for the Yandaran (north west of Bundaberg) bushfire is Watch and Act.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services (QFES) advises there is a bushfire in Yandaran and conditions could get worse.
You need to be ready to follow your bushfire survival plan. If you do not have a plan, or intend to leave, you should be ready to leave the area because the situation could get worse quickly.
Currently as at 12.45pm Wednesday 9 November, a fast-moving, unpredictable fire is travelling from the intersection of Rosedale Road and Littabella Siding Lane, moving in a north, north easterly direction towards Dickson Road. The fire may impact Dickson Road and Dickson Access Road.
Fire crews are working to contain the fire but firefighters may not be able to protect every property. You should not expect a firefighter at your door.
People in the area will be affected by smoke, which will reduce visibility and air quality.
Call Triple Zero (000) immediately if you believe your property is under threat.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
• Listen to your local radio station or visit the Rural Fire Service (RFS) website for regular updates.
• If you have a bushfire survival plan, finalise it now so you are ready to follow it.
• If you do not have a bushfire survival plan, or if your plan is to leave, identify where you will go if you leave the area.
• Advise family and friends of your plan.
• Close windows and doors to minimise smoke exposure.
• If you suffer from a respiratory condition, keep your medication close by.
• Drive with caution in low visibility conditions.
• Contact your neighbours to see if they need help preparing for the bushfire.
• Pack important documents and essential items (e.g., passports, birth certificates, prescription medication, food and water, and protective clothing) in case you need to leave the area.
• Put on protective clothing (e.g., a long-sleeved cotton shirt, boots with thick soles).
• Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.
• Bring pets inside; restrain them with a leash, a cage, or inside a secure room; and provide them with plenty of water.
• Take action to protect your livestock.
• Move flammable materials such as doormats, wheelie bins, and outdoor furniture away from your house.
• Fill containers such as your bath, sinks, and buckets with water so you have access to drinking water and firefighting water.
• Close windows and doors, sealing the gaps under doors and screens with wet towels to keep smoke out of the house.
KEEP UP TO DATE BY:
• Following QFES on Facebook (@QldFireandEmergencyServices) and Twitter (@QldFES)
• Staying tuned to your local radio station. Find your local ABC radio station at https://radio.abc.net.au/help/offline and your local commercial radio station at http://www.commercialradio.com.au/find-a-station/queensland;
• Visiting the Rural Fire Service (RFS) website at www.ruralfire.qld.gov.au/map
• For bushfire preparation tips, visit the RFS website: www.ruralfire.qld.gov.au/BushFire_Safety
• For information about road closures, call 13 19 40 or visit www.qldtraffic.qld.gov.au
The next update will be provided by 2.45pm or if the situation changes.