A Hervey Bay beach has been named in Queensland's top ten beaches this summer.
Torquay Beach has come in at sixth place, with The Strand in Townsville voted as the best.
Surf Lifesaving Queensland put together the list, marking beaches on safety and cleanliness.
In the Wide Bay region, lifeguards made a total of 68 rescues during the summer months, compared with seven in North Queensland and 466 on the Gold Coast.
SLSQ’s Top Beaches for 2020/21:
1. The Strand Net 1 - Townsville
2. Alma Bay - Magnetic Island
3. Cylinder Beach – North Stradbroke Island
4. Kings Beach – Sunshine Coast
5. Palm Cove – North Queensland
6. Torquay Beach – Hervey Bay
7. Mooloolaba Beach – Sunshine Coast
8. Coolangatta – Gold Coast
9. Burleigh Heads – Gold Coast
10. Kirra – Gold Coast