WHAT HAPPENED IN ROUND 4 OF THE NRL:
* QUOTE OF THE ROUND: "They were dropping like flies. It was like trying to get into a nightclub and you don't have your ID. I thought I was going to have to pull the boots on." - Sharks coach John Morris describes the pre-match chaos after six of his players had failed a temperature test ahead of Saturday's match against North Queensland in Townsville
* STAT THAT MATTERS: Brisbane's 59-0 humiliation at the hands of the Sydney Roosters on Thursday was the heaviest loss in club history, and came just five games after the 58-0 drubbing from Parramatta which knocked them out of last year's finals
* MAGIC MOMENT: A 78th-minute try to Phillip Sami ensured Gold Coast not only snatched a dramatic 28-23 over the Wests Tigers, but finally snapped their 14-game losing streak which had stretched out to a year
* TALKING POINT: Calls for the bunker to rule on forward passes have re-ignited after Manly were robbed of a potentially game-winning try against Parramatta. The NRL confirmed the touch judge incorrectly ruled Tom Trbojevic threw a forward pass to Jorge Taufua, who only had one more to beat to the tryline
* MAN OF THE ROUND: Hard to go past Kalyn Ponga's masterclass in their upset of Canberra. In his first game back from suspension, the Newcastle star set up three tries, broke 10 tackles and carried the ball for 180 metres in the win.
* JUDICIARY WATCH: Eels - Waqa Blake (careless high tackle); Titans - Ashley Taylor (dangerous contact - head/neck), Sam Lisone (dangerous contact - head/neck).
* CASUALTY WARD: Roosters - Victor Radley (elbow), James Tedesco (illness); Storm - Jahrome Hughes (hand); Cowboys - John Asiata (knee), Coen Hess (ankle), Mitchell Dunn (concussion); Knights - Kurt Mann (ankle); Dragons - Brayden Wiliame (calf).
* UNDER PRESSURE: Paul McGregor's position as coach of St George Illawarra appears terminal after their 22-2 loss to Canterbury which leaves them at the bottom of the table without a win this season.
© AAP 2020