Forbes’ top 10 TV earners
Forbes have revealed that Dr Phil is the world’s highest paid TV host, beating out the likes of Simon Cowell and Ellen DeGeneres.
The host and central figure of Dr Phil, 67-year-old Phil McGraw reportedly earned $79 million between June 1, 2016 and June 1, 2017. Despite being a relative unknown in the UK, his shows get higher viewing figures on syndication than any other shows in the US. His product placement deals and cut of the show’s advertising revenue also make up 90% of his profits – the rest comes from producing credits, endorsement deals and public speaking appearances.
Forbes’ full list of the top 10 TV earners below.
1. Dr Phil McGraw: $79 million (£60.1 million)
2. Ellen DeGeneres: $77 million (£58.6 million)
3. Ryan Seacrest: $58 million (£44.1 million)
4. Judy Sheindlin (Judge Judy): $47 million (£35.7 million)
5. Simon Cowell: $43.5 million (£33.1 million)
6. Steve Harvey: $42.5 million (£32.3 million)
7. Bill O’Reilly: $37 million (£28.2 million)
8. Sean Hannity: $36 million (£27.4 million)
9. Michael Strahan: $21.5 million (£16.4 million)
10. Heidi Klum: $21 million (£16 million)
You may also like...
One person is dead and another is in hospital after a fiery crash in Melbourne.Police believe a Mercedes caught fire and collided with a light pole...
A learner driver in Tasmania has been busted drink driving and speeding with an instructing passenger who was more than two times over the legal...
Some new TV spots have emerged for The Last Jedi.
We see a little more of the late (great) Carrie Fisher
Some over the top Star Wars style "...
A Sydney pooch named Prince has been given a new leash on life after becoming the first Australian dog with an incurable type of cardio-respiratory...