Forbes’ top 10 TV earners
Forbes have revealed that Dr Phil is the world’s highest paid TV host, beating out the likes of Simon Cowell and Ellen DeGeneres.
The host and central figure of Dr Phil, 67-year-old Phil McGraw reportedly earned $79 million between June 1, 2016 and June 1, 2017. Despite being a relative unknown in the UK, his shows get higher viewing figures on syndication than any other shows in the US. His product placement deals and cut of the show’s advertising revenue also make up 90% of his profits – the rest comes from producing credits, endorsement deals and public speaking appearances.
Forbes’ full list of the top 10 TV earners below.
1. Dr Phil McGraw: $79 million (£60.1 million)
2. Ellen DeGeneres: $77 million (£58.6 million)
3. Ryan Seacrest: $58 million (£44.1 million)
4. Judy Sheindlin (Judge Judy): $47 million (£35.7 million)
5. Simon Cowell: $43.5 million (£33.1 million)
6. Steve Harvey: $42.5 million (£32.3 million)
7. Bill O’Reilly: $37 million (£28.2 million)
8. Sean Hannity: $36 million (£27.4 million)
9. Michael Strahan: $21.5 million (£16.4 million)
10. Heidi Klum: $21 million (£16 million)
You may also like...
Early Sunday morning, fire officials in Santa Ana, California, responded to a car crash that looked like a picture from a movie scene, with a white...
Thirteen siblings, ranging in age from two to 29, have been rescued by police in California from a house where some of them had been chained to...
A Melbourne truck driver has admitted killing a man in a horror five-car pile-up that he caused on a freeway.
Michael Brian Templeton, 30, on...
A post shared by Ellen (@theellenshow) on Jan 13, 2018 at 12:25pm PST...